HISTORY CENTER TO HOST BOOK SALE/BOOK SIGNING EVENT, "Local Authors of Local History," back by popular demand! Local and regional history and culture book sale and signing event held in conjunction with the Bossier Central Library complex open house. Light refreshments will be served. Local authors will sign and sell their books with topics as varied as catastrophic weather events, haunted historic buildings, poems told from the varied perspectives of inhabitants at a Louisiana plantation to historic photographs of old Bossier. Call Pam Carlisle at 318-746-7717 or email email@example.com for more information.
The Current List of Participating Authors. (Additional authors are anticipated and this list will be updated)
LOCAL AUTHORS OF LOCAL HISTORY August 9, 2016
Author List – Updated July 22, 2016
1. Kevin Jones: Arcadia Press Images of America Series: Bossier City
2. Billy Andrews: Outstanding Weather Phenomena in the Ark-La-Tex: an Incomplete History of Significant Weather Events
3. John Andrew Prime: co-author of Arcadia Press Images of America: Barksdale Air Force Base and contributor to Shreveport Sounds in Black and White and Legendary Locals of Shreveport with Gary D Joiner PhD
4. Dr. Roy Phillips: Exodus from the Door of No Return
5. Copies of The Late Col. Neill A. Yarborough’s book History of Bossier City, Louisiana from the Early Years 1833-2006 will be available for sale by the Historical Center.
6. Gypsy Damaris Boston, with her son Frank Boston: Dear Louisiana…Love Gypsy, Hurry Before the Magic Ends, Pink Hair, Rainbow Fairies
7. Kristi Cavett Jones (and possibly Jackson Cavett Sibley: Plantations Along the Upper Red River of Louisiana
8. Dr. Cheryl White: Historic Haunts of Shreveport, Wicked Shreveport, Historic Oakland Cemetery
9. Katie Bickham The Belle Mar (instructor at BPCC, English and poetry)