|Old Bank's Chapel|
Mary Catherine Coyle Collection; 2000.070.003A
“To the Members and Friends of Banks’ Chapel and Cottage Grove Cemetery.”
“Dear Friends: As you know, our beloved church building was destroyed by fire August 17th, and leaves us with aching hearts. But the spirit of Banks’ Chapel is not consumed. Representatives of the congregation have met and resolved to rebuild, a memorial to Cottage Grove Cemetery. They have some definite plans to recommend:”
“The Session of the Church has met and hereby orders a congregational meeting on the site of Old Banks’ Chapel, to be held Sunday, September 9th, after the morning preaching service, to consider these plans and recommendations, decide on same, appoint a finance and building committee, and give such instructions touching the plan as may seem best.”
Program for the Day
“Rev. H.C. Bell, D. D. Superintendent of Missions, will preach the sermon at eleven o’clock and preside at the business session. Rev. R.A. Dawson will have charge of the program and will assist in all matters. There will be expressions from friends of the church, and unanimous action will be taken toward the restoration of the historic church.”
Dinner on the Ground
All are cordially invited
“1. All the members are urged to be present.
2. All people of the community which the church serves and all former members, from far and wide, are invited to come.
3. The many friends of this dear old church are invited to come with us for the great day. By order of the Session.”
“R.A. Dawson, Moderator, N.W. Sentell, James Milling.”
“Others in conference: Rev. W.A. Zeigler, W.A. Thompson, John Milling and Abner C. Johnson. Cottage Grove, La. Sept. 2, 1928.”
To learn more about the old churches of Bossier Parish visit the Bossier Parish Library History Center.
By: Ann Middleton