March: Through the Years
- Band picks Officers: President, Harry Stephens; vice-president, Mary Jane Ramsey; secretary, Beverly Clark and band manager, Sammy Green
- Beverly Ratcliff and Eva Fullilove chosen models by Palais Royal
- Junior-Sophomore dance at City Hall was a big success
- The only seventh grader to make the “A” honor roll was: Jo Ann King
- Boys and Girls basketball teams making the school’s newspaper
Mar.16, 1972: The Bossier Parish School Board announced that Parkway and Airline High Schools were among the 34 high school around the nation to establish the Air Force Reserve Officers' Training (R.O.T.C.) program. On Apr.27, 1972: with an unanimous vote form the Bossier Parish School Board, Bossier High School would also be awarded with the R.O.T.C program.
Top right: Col. Thomas E. Sledge Jr.
Row 1: Cadet 1st Lt. Armour, Cadet Smith, Cadet 2nd Lt. Wimberly, Cadet 2nd Lt. Owens, Cadet 2nd Lt. Bazo, Cadet 2nd Lt. Horn
Row 2: Cadet 2nd Lt. Toloso, Cadet 2nd lt. Rogers, Cadet 2nd Lt. Watherall, Cadet 1st Sgt Witt.
|1973: Airline High School's|
Top Right: Robert Murphy
First Row: Squadron Commander, S. Schavrien; “A” Flight commander, R. Spooner; “B” Flight Commander, B. Lunsford; “C” Flight Commander, R. Owens; “D” Flight commander, S. Lamette; “E” Flight Commander, G. McNair.
Second Row: Information Officer, M. Markow, Guidon Bearer, S. Winner; Personnel Office, R. Patton; Information Specialist, M. Markow.
Third Row: Material Specialist, B. Crawford; Administration Officer, D. Camp; Finance Officer, M. Gottardi; Operations Officer, R. Carter.
Fourth Row: Deputy Commander, J. Watson; Finance Specialist, D. Arrington; First SGT., G. McAllister; Operation Specialist , S. Phillips; Personnel specialist, B. Myers.
1973: Airline High School Yearbook 2009.021.034
|1973: Bossier High School's R.O.T.C|
Top Left: Col. William J. Cook
Top Right: CMSGT James W. Chewning
Row 1: Joe Heidecker, John Franklin.
Row 2: David Fontaine, Don Ryder, Darrell Thamisee, Johnny Jacobs, Carolyn Monroe
Row 3: Carter Watson, Jerry Robinson, Mitchell Goins, Franklin Strickland, Willie Walker
1973 Bossier High School Yearbook 2006.007.002
Mar. 31, 1921: Weekly news from 100 years ago
· The school children enjoyed an Easter Egg Hunt
Red River Baptist Church Easter Egg Hunt. (Older children/back row L to R): Steve Maynor, Jim Oliver, Harriet Culbertson, Betty Vos, John Richard Vos, Billy Culbertson, Christine Crouch, Hazel Hamilton, Carol Jones, Audrey Jones, Betty Jean Oliver, Sue Scouze, Billy Lou Oliver, Evelyn Merritt. (Younger children/front row) Pam Hollier, Babs Hollier, Martha Tyler, Judy Voss ? , ?, Johnny Sconze, Laverne Jones (turned around), Glenda Jones, Shelby Jones, Pee Wee Oliver, the baby in front is probably Jo Ann Brighaupt. 1998.081.054 Young Collection
· The Gleason & Gleason store was broke into securing a supply of chewing and smoking tobacco
· W.E. Coyle cuts hand with an ax while chopping wood
C.1910’s: Flint Morgan and W.E. Coyle Sr., in baseball uniforms with "B H" (Buckhouse) on them. 1998.059.003 Collins Collection
· A Rook Party was given by Mrs. J.S. Gray , Mrs. T.M. [Fannie Swindle] Gatlin won a box of Easter candy.
1998.073.019 McLelland Collection
· Mrs. J.T. [Eliza] Manry, stumbled and fell against the out-house breaking her arm
J.T. Manry wife Eliza Banks Manry and three of their grandchildren- W.D., Jack, and Polly. 2018.0101.041 Corley Collection